In case you’ve missed our last couple of meetings, RISE is committing significant time and sweat to planning the first Security BSides in the Roanoke area. We plan to present BSides Roanoke in May 2020!
Here is your opportunity to support your favorite local InfoSec group and make an impact on the premier of BSides Roanoke 2020!
RISE is looking for a logo for its upcoming BSides Roanoke
conference on 30 May 2020. We want this inaugural event to make the region proud of it’s professionals. What better way to show your pride than your personal contribution?
The logo will be used in all media and advertising for the event, and will be central to the event’s identity. It should incorporate themes relevant to the Roanoke region as well as Security BSides and represent them in a professional manner. Those unfamiliar with BSides can find more information on the Security BSides website
. The site also provides links to many other BSides event sites which will provide an idea of other event logos.
We desire a logo that can be formatted for all types of digital and print media. The logo will end up on the RISE and BSides Roanoke web sites, Twitter feeds, RISE YouTube channel, posters & flyers, T-shirts, and more. Successful entrants will make full consideration of logo size, font styles, colors, etc for readability and recognition across different media. The entry should stay true to the theme of Security BSides and incorporate unique Roanoke regional elements to provide a distinctive, professional style.
- Entries are due by 20 Oct 2019, 11:59pm EDT
- Entries must be submitted to email@example.com; use the subject line “BSides Roanoke logo entry”
- Entries should be submitted in the form of a vector graphic file
- Entrants are allowed up to three submissions. Submissions should be significantly different (not small variations of the same design such as color changes or font style)
- Selections will be made by RISE by 27 October 2019 and announced via the RISE email list, blog, and at the November meeting
- Designer of the winning entry will receive their choice of YubiKey 5 NFC, YubiKey 5 Nano, or YubiKey 5C (subject to availability)
No complicated legal language here. RISE is an all-volunteer group donating personal time and effort to improve the skills and networks of InfoSec professionals in the region. Entrants agree that RISE will have full ownership and usage rights of the logo selected as the winning entry in the contest. RISE may choose to make design changes to the winning entry as deemed fit for any purpose, including aesthetics or ease of use in print and digital media. Non-selected entries remain the property of their respective designers. Long story short – you’re donating the winning entry to RISE. You have full bragging rights and are contributing to improving awesome in the region.
Questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll update this post with any clarifications that arise as part of questions. Thank you for your continued support of RISE, and we look forward to seeing you, and YOUR logo, at BSides Roanoke 2020!