Its here! The August CTF is finally here. What is a CTF? Well, I’m so glad you asked. A CTF or Capture the Flag is kind of a computer security competition where you challenge yourself to get past hacking exercises to “capture a flag”. This will be an interactive opportunity open to ANYONE! Whether you’re new to IT Security and wanna learn more or a seasoned Pentester who wants to win it all, this event is for you. If you’re new to IT Security and are concerned about what lies ahead don’t fret, we will have several veteran IT Security professionals available for consultation if you need assistance. So come on out and let’s have some fun and learn a little while we’re at it.
We understand that sometimes things don’t work out and you can’t make it in person so we are offering this as a virtual event as well. The CTF will be publicly available via the web, however you must be at the event location to win prizes.
- CTF provided by our friends at The Virginia Cyber Range
- Food, beverages, and prizes provided by our friends at GuidePoint Security
- This is a bring your own laptop and power supply event. You must bring a laptop to participate.
- The Virginia Cyber Range has challenge ready VM’s available for use.
- If you choose to use your own laptop for the challenges know that a KALI like image works best.
- Please register for the CTF before Aug 11th.
- Registration opens at 4pm Friday Aug 5th, 2022
- Registration requires a Microsoft or Google ID
- Link to registration will be sent in an email
- Please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be added to the distribution list and get the link to the CTF
Date / Time / Location
Aug 11th at 5:30pm at the Roanoke Co-Lab
1327 Grandin Rd SW, Roanoke, VA 24015
(Turn onto Westover Ave SW for parking)